content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Life in Wonderland: energy crisis

I've been absent from my blog for some time now.  I've been busy with work and I just got over a cold.  I'm also running out of things to say at the moment.  I'm feeling a little numb to all that is happening around me.  It feels kind of like while we're all stuck in this crazy traffic that big fish is circling our island. It's getting ready to take out some more big chunks of land and displace families.

I'm trying to process everything and figure out the best way to spend my energy with out getting burnt out.

I'd really like to become more educated on my island's history prior to colonization. I'd like to learn more of the language.  I want to spend more time appreciating the beauty of our island and maybe that will replenish my passion.

This evening Allan and I attended a public hearing on a local legislative resolution in support of the Declaration of the Rights of Indigenous People.  We were late, but managed to make it in when the last panel of speakers started.   I'm glad we did.  I enjoyed hearing the testimonies and we were able to get a copy of the resolution.    We also got to hang out with some friends afterwards.  It was a positive evening and I'm hoping to spend the rest of the week enjoying more positive moments.

In light of my whole energy budgeting and positivity trip I'd like to spend the month September sharing positive energy experiences with my blog readers.  So expect happy stories from my childhood and lots of pictures of my island home.  I'm hoping to have a beach day and maybe even go on a hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P