content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Community in Wonderland: A good night.

Reclaim Guahan

Last night Allan and I took a nice ride down south to Malojloj with our friends Quincy and Luke. We went to the art show I was participating in. It was a really great night filled with wine, art, culture, and great company. Nella and her mom were able to make it, too. And we all got to enjoy the pleasantness of the former Carmelite convent. It is a beautiful place with a great breeze and a calmness to it. The night was spent reconnecting with old friends and making new ones. And the art was amazing. For such a small island we are blessed with many talented artists. We spent some time discussing the build up and our mixed feelings towards it. It was nice having a gathering that spanned backgrounds and generations. One of the things I was most curious about was the fashion show. I wasn't disappointed, either. The only thing I regret is the sinus headache that was brewing even before we left the house. It would've been just that much more enjoyable if I wasn't hurting so much.

Isn't this awesome!!! It's a barbed wire high heel.

I love this piece!

This dress symbolizes all the fenced in spaces on our island. my favorite in the fashion show.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P