content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Friday, February 12, 2010

Wondering in Wonderland: State of the Island

Last night, while the boys were conjuring up Tako Yaki in the kitchen, my girls and I were discussing the build up.  I got to thinking about what would happen if the build up goes through as planned.  If our government is not prepared to make the extreme infrastructure improvements, what will happen to us?  For so long, our infrastructure has been lacking and they've been unable to bring it up to decent standards.  With our utility bills already rising, how will we cope?  Even if the federal government gives our local government some money to help, we'd need nothing short of a miracle to make this work in such a short period of time.  This could turn out to be a man made super typhoon for us.

I'm not trying to be negative, just practical.  Should we be preparing our build up emergency kits?

2 comments:

  1. Drea what kind of Recovery Act money did Guam get (if any)? What about pushing for green initiatives. I know ideally there would be no buildup, but if it is going to happen, then steps need to be made in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you Drea!!
    Me and Moon say a big hello and give you a big hug across the miles. I actually haven't been able to play my Xbox in a while but I intend to get driving within a week or so, so fingers crossed.

    I don't know if your part of the people who want to be a commonwealth or not but whatever the case, change is always difficult.
    I was born in Ireland but brought up in England so know that changes take time but positives out of change always happen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P