content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Community in Wonderland:

Some sad news

Another Guam soldier was killed in Afghanistan.  Joshua Lukeala is the 35th soldier from the micronesian region to be lost fighting in an American war since 2003.  :(  He left behind a wife and daughter.

A few times a week I work at the airport and I have to walk by these blown up pictures of all the soldiers from Guam who've died in the "war on terror".  It's really depressing because there are a lot. I'll try to take a picture on Saturday when I work.

Read the article, Guam Soldier Killed at Guampdn.com.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P