content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Life in Wonderland: Adventures in my kitchen




Allan is at his parents house babysitting his 3 youngest siblings.  So I was home alone and starving, again.  At first I was thinking about making estufao, a local dish similar but not exactly like adobo.  I didn't feel like waiting for chicken to defrost and I don't care much for handling raw chicken anyways.  After doing a sinkful of dishes I decided on Quorn, meatless grounds, with chickpeas and stewed tomatoes.  I never made it before, but since the Quorn grounds defrosts quicker I figured it would be easier.  I also went to my tiny backyard and cut some green onions and basil from our herb bowl.

It turned out okay, but I think it needed to be more saucy and could've used some lemon juice.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I don't like chickpeas at all, your food looks ver yummy. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P