content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Community in Wonderland: We heart Carmen!

I went to a medical fundraiser this evening.  Carmen Costello is an amazing artist and beautiful human being.  Our island was very blessed to have her with us.  She'll be leaving us very soon to spread the love and get healthy.  We're sending soooo much love and appreciation her way.


Look at the amazing pieces I took home!!  The print is by Carmen and I decided to purchase it as a gift for Allan.  The 2 ceramic pieces are by another local artist, Monaeka Flores.  I have a large painting of her's hanging in my living room.  :)  The red necklace is by Carmen.  She makes such unique pieces!  My mom bought me this since it matched the dress I was wearing  The orange bead and seed necklace is by Mama Jill.  Mama Jill is a master carver and just a really beautiful person.  She does so much to encourage the preservation and appreciation of our culture.

I had a really awesome night, but I'm a little sad.  I wish Carmen could stay longer or I wish I had met her sooner.  She tells the funniest stories and has such amazing energy.  She has so much to share and teach and she's not stingy with her stories, talent, or heart.  We love her very much and wish her all the best!

Carmen, in red, signing prints.

some jewelry by Carmen & ceramic and clay pieces by Monaeka

Carmen's originals up for auction

donated raffle prizes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P