content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Monday, May 28, 2012

Community in Wonderland: Celebrating abilities

This is the painting I donated to Guma Mami for their annual Creative Spirits art auction.  It is acrylic and ink on canvas and titled, The Cliffs of Insanity.  I believe it sold for $50 and the buyers told me that it reminded them of the movie, Inception.  I haven't watched it so I can't really say how I feel about that.  What do you think?

I like working with ink on paint.  I enjoyed painting this and like how it turned out.  I'm thinking about doing more paintings in this style.  I might even try to do a series if I can get my hands on enough canvas. 


Here are some pictures I took before the show:

Art work by Ms. Gina, one of my favorite local artists


my favorite piece of the night


the bottom one is a collaboration by Luke and Nella

my dad's piece   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P