content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sharing Wonderland: Helping with a wedding


A beautiful young couple is planning on getting married this month. They don't have much money and my mom and some of her friends agreed to help them plan it. They'll be married on the beach by a friend who happens to be an ordained minister. My mom was asking me for ideas and I thought these invitations, I found on the net, would be beautiful and functional for a warm beach wedding. I'll be making these invitations for them. The bride is going to have an orchid bouquet, also made by a friend, and the center pieces are going to be small fishbowls with guppies and shells. My mom has a little container pond with billions of guppies, so she'll be providing the fish. An intimate breakfast reception will take place after the ceremony at a nearby hotel restaraunt. They'll have a filled cupcake stand instead of an expensive wedding cake. For favors they'll be giving shell necklaces with a little card commemorating the event. I'm so excited it sounds intimate, simple, and classy. What makes it really beautiful is that so many people are pitching in, which I think is a good sign that this couple has hope. People are helping because they are good people who deserve a beautiful wedding even if they don't have the bank account to pay for one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P