content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Community in Wonderland: Pago na ha'ane. Today.

Welcome 2010. Your coming brought on a wonderful night. The full moon was directly above us as we enjoyed the company and view at the cultural center. The fireworks display at midnight was amazing and the laughs and love shared was appreciated greatly.

This year I will enjoy Guam more. I won't allow myself to be too busy to appreciate the sunsets and sound of the waves. I will take in my surroundings and etch it in to my soul. I won't make excuses to skip out on a day at the beach or a hike through the jungle. And I will do my best to speak up for my island home. I will join in the chorus of the voices acting on our pledge to her.

Today, the first day of the new year, we went to Pagat Caves. This area is desired as a future firing range for the military build up.


ladera cliff

liyang cave

tasi ocean

halom tano' jungle


Yayas yu'. Maipe yu'. Malangu siniente-ku.
I'm tired. I'm hot. I feel sick. :P

So much fun, but I was soooo tired at the end of the hike. I barely made it out on my own.

Oh and I tried to incorporate Chamorro in the captions. I used a couple sites for simple words and phrases. I hope they're accurate. :P

4 comments:

  1. Haha. I love the captions. I was wondering what you were going to use for that tired one of you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Looks like a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an amazing day. My legs are still hurting pretty bad, but it is worth it. I want to go back soon to load some of the trash the people dumped in the jungle. There was all kinds of random stuff, including a toilet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I enjoyed this post, the pictures, the language... I remember being able to go to the Naval Base to hike and snorkel the Spanish Steps. Then there was heightened security, docked dangerous ammunition ships, and we were not allowed inside anymore. Keep up the good fight for our Guahan. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P