content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Celebrating in Wonderland: Creative Spirits 2009

With my mom, who is also the director of Guma Mami.

Allan working hard as the volunteer bartender.


Quincy, contributing artist & Dan
a couple of Luke's paintings


with Luke and Nel








Quincy's money maker

I can't exactly remember how many times I've taken part in this show. I do know that the first year I did, I was still in high school. I remember that feeling of watching as my piece was being bid on and finally being sold. This year's show was maybe the most fun I've had, but I think last year was the most cash I brought in for the cause. Last year I sold 2 paintings and made about $100 doing henna. That was 3 hours of henna non stop. ugh. I think my favorite part of the show is that every year more of my friends get involved. Some donate artwork and some volunteer for set up or to bartend. In our circle this show is a big deal. We look forward to it all year long. And the featured artists, the Guma Mami consumers, are absolutely amazing. The work they create year after year is inspiring. :) Can't wait until next year's show!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P