content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Community in Wonderland: climate change and the military build up

Last night Nella and I watched The Age of Stupid.  And it made me think that climate change is like the military build up on Guam.  Just because you think it is inevitable doesn't mean you shouldn't do what you can to make things better.  We should at least try to make our island, and the world, as pleasant as possible for future generations.  It's almost selfish not to try.

"Won't be asked to do my share when I'm gone ... Can't be singing louder than the guns when I'm gone ... Can't add my name into the fight while I'm gone ... Can't live proud enough to die when I'm gone - So I guess I'll have to do it while I'm here"  -Phil Ochs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P