content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Life in Wonderland: productive day off

I requested to have yesterday off from work.  Originally I wanted to attend the Guam Environmental Alliance's first event.  They spent yesterday painting murals on bus stops in the southern area of Guam.  Sounds like an awesome way to spend a Saturday to me, but Allan and all my friends either had to work that morning or were sick.  I hope to make it to the next event though.

Don't worry though!  I didn't waste a requested day off to lounge around in my pajamas and watch shows on Hulu.  My mom actually needed help cleaning her closets and gathering stuff for a yard sale that Guma Mami is having. The yard sale is actually a fundraiser for Guma Mami.  I had fun helping her decide what to keep, what to give to me, and what to donate for the yard sale.

 After I finished helping her I went back to my apartment and decided to do some major cleaning and purging. I ended up with a banker box, a large shopping bag, and 2 paper grocery bags filled with items for the yard sale.  It felt good to not only get rid of some clutter, but also know that these things would be going to people who need them, will help raise money for a good cause and also stay out of our landfill.

And after all that was done I spent the evening in my pajamas watching You Tube vids with Nel, in the comfort of my clean apartment.  I love it!

Oh and I also found the time to hang up some of Luke's paintings.


I love his robot series!  He also did a painting of a robot inspired by Viva, our not so little puppy. So cute.  I'm trying to get him to do one of our kitty, Merlot. I don't want her to feel left out.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P