content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Art in Wonderland: Women in Motion

On March 6th I had the oppurtunity to enjoy the opening night of the "Women Artists in Motion" art show. I know it took me long enough to blog about it. But really, the show was wonderful. I didn't realize how many female artists call Guam home. Different artists with different mediums and subjects all representing the women of Guam, it was wonderful.

My friend Tes was in the show. She is an awesome photographer. I think the thing I like the most about Tes is that she's fearless. Her work is her work. If you like it, that's great. If you don't, oh well.

The piece below was done by Fanai Castro. It was my favorite piece in the show. The woman with the sign reminds me so much of my grandmother. It's a really sad piece, but it's a reality.


1 comment:

  1. I like that last photo alot too...and it is sad. I really like your little music player thing...i may steal it and put one on my page haha. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P