content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Crafting in Wonderland: ThreadBanger

I'm looking to broaden my crafting knowledge and talents so I've decided to really take some time to collect tutorials and inspiration.  Today I'm concentrating on ThreadBanger!

Allan and I collect our plastic botttles for recycling and they're starting to pile up.  We haven't had the chance to drop them off to the recycling center and I'm kind of glad because I found this tutorial on how to make plastic beads from plastic bottles.  Hmmm...  I think I'm going to try this one out today.  I'll just be sure to do it outside.  The fumes from melting plastic might not be so great in our little apartment.  I'll be sure to post some pics if it turns out well enough.

I also found this awesome episode of ThreadBanger featuring Jennifer Perkins of Naughty Secretary Club.  In this episode she teaches you how to make resin jewelry.  I've been wanting to try this too.  I just need to find a place that sells resin and the catalyst.  Ugh.  Guam seriously need a really good arts and crafts supply store.  There are so many awesome ideas for resin jewelry floating around in my brain right now.

:)  I'm off to search for more tutorials and hopefully get some swap crafting done!

1 comment:

  1. I just checked out the plastic bead tutorial and it's awesome! I'm going to hunt down a plastic bottle now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P