content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Friday, January 9, 2009

Life in Wonderland: Chess and Chocolate


Last night I worked on some projects and spent a little time cleaning up our apartment. Allan was hanging out watching some pretty boring stuff on You Tube. When I finally got bored of doing all the stuff I was doing I decided to harass him in to doing something with me. There wasn't much to do so he suggested we play chess. I never really had the patience to learn how to play so he offered to teach me.

So while he set up the area and chess board I made some hot chocolate for us. For christmas, my brother and SIL got us 3 different tins of hot Cocoa and the absolute cutest little mug and saucer set *I'll post pics of it asap*. We decided on the chocolate royale tin. It was really good.

It's a lot easier to understand chess when you're older, I think. I didn't win, but I put up a fight. I managed to take out his bishop without him realizing. :P But while I was off in my own world his rook took my queen and shortly after that my King died of a broken heart. lol.

All in all, considering I started on my craft swap, tidied up a bit, and spent some quality time with Allan, last night was nice. :)
*Oh and the chess set pictured is not ours! That is a chess set featured on Gem Stone King. It has 9900 black and white diamonds, so yeah definately not ours. I wonder if could make a replica in Swarovski crystals. Still be more than I can afford probably. :P

1 comment:

  1. I still say there should be 9,999 diamonds on there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P