content

life (132) community (99) guahan (70) crafting (57) gallery (50) viewed (45) Celebrate (43) album (41) shopping (24) cast (16) oishi (12) hooping (5) growing (4)

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Celebrating in Wonderland: Update

Yesterday was Allan's Birthday and New Year's Eve. It started out great. We slept in and enjoyed the rest of the day together. I got my swap partner for my Craftster swap. I'm so excited about that. We went and got lunch at the mall and ate with my dad. Then we went to pick up my mom's bamboo plant, a Japanese New Year's tradition, and went to Al's parent's house. We hung out with the kids for a while then Allan's mom came home. Allan's parents got him a glass chess set and Allan's older brother and SIL got him some GCs for the book store and the movie theatre. We're both excited about that. :P

Then we got home. All day I wasn't feeling like going out. I'm not big on New Year's Eve. Which is cool because for me New Year's Eve becomes more about Allan's birthday. I had the hardest time deciding what to wear and literally changed atleast 5 times. Finally I had a break down and asked Allan if he'd mind if I stayed home. He left and I had several other breakdowns. I called my friend to let her know I was staying home. I didn't want anyone to worry or think Allan and I were fighting. She sounded upset. I called her back to tell her I'd go if she wanted me to. I ended up staying and feeling even more crappy. Viva and Merlot kept me company though. We watched Princess Bride. :) and I sat on the carpet playing with Viva while petting Merlot. They were both feeling needy. I guess the holidays finally got to me. I needed down time for myself maybe. The night before we had our gift exchange party and I think it was the best yet. Home made gifts are soooo special. --- but that's a whole other post I'll get to when I have pictures.

Allan called at around 11:20. I was almost sleeping and not so friendly. He got home about 10 minutes till midnight. I got my New Year's kiss! He turned my bleh night into one of the best year starter's ever. He said he knew he had to give me some time to myself, but was planning on coming home to kiss me. Then he played Auld Lang Syne on his harmonica for me. Earlier that day I told him it was my favorite holiday song. On his way to the party he learned to play it. He's amazing. So we spent the rest of the evening together with our crazy girls talking, laughing, and trying to figure out why I've been so off. I don't know if it's that time of the month or just that time of the year.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog! Comments and questions are welcome. :P